What are the chances that on your Boston to Frankfurt flight (en route to Paris to meet Person A):
- You decide to try checking in online for an air carrier you do not typically fly on
- You decide to change your seat
- You decide to fashion a sling and carabiner to hold your travel pillow to the exterior of your backpack
- Airplane neighbour (Person B) asks if you are a climber, because the coloured tape I have on my carabiner is likely indicative of someone who actually climbs
- Person B lives in Australia and is traveling to Frankfurt for work
- You tell Person B of your upcoming travel plans to climb near Marseilles with a friend who you were just ice-climbing with in Chamonix
- Person B asks, Wait, do you know Person A?
- Turns out Person B knows Person A from when they were both living in NYC and had climbed with him then
Yes, the world is both vast and small. It is quite wondrous.